Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What is it with all the remakes? It seems that every eighties horror film is being remade. Don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong with remakes. Well as long as they don't dumb the movie down. You know what I mean. Make a R rated movie into a pg-13 movie.

I did not know this but they are remaking Poltergeist. Love that movie. It had great special effects. My favorite part is when the steak starts inching across the counter. Then it erupts with maggots. That freaks my sister out. I think it is cool. Another favorite part of the movie is when they open the door to the kid's room and toys are flying around the place. The toys are even playing, like the horse rearing.

Hopefully, the remake is as good as the original one. Everyone knows that sometimes remakes can bite the big one. Occasionally, the remake is better than the original movie. I would like to see more ghostly activity in the new one. Will they even follow basically the same plot line or will they go off in another direction? I will be waiting to see how they do this movie.

No comments: